Thursday, July 22, 2010

new image


I received some new PX100 film immediately after the Impossible Project supposedly fixed their loose lamination problem (LLP). The LLP problem caused an odd thumbprint size anomaly at the center top portion of the image area. I was dismayed to find that my latest order still suffered from this defect. The Impossible Project offered a credit for each defective image that was returned to them, but limited this policy to a certain time frame which had since expired. I immediately shot off an e-mail to their customer service department, launching into a Mel Gibson-like tirade (well, not quite, but you get the idea). I requested a similar credit extension and hoped for a quick response. A month had passed before I remembered my request. When I referenced my customer support request number, I discovered that the ticket had been closed with no apparent notification or response. This prompted me to write another e-mail, this time threatening to share the utter lack of responsiveness of the Impossible Project's customer support department with my fellow photographer's, dissuading them from any future purchases.

I received a response the next day chiding me for my unnecessary threats. The e-mail continued that, had I looked in the right fields of the customer support ticket, I would have seen that they had in fact, agreed to an extension of the credit policy to me. Needless to say, I felt properly rebuked and repentant about my behavior. I immediately sent an apology for my errant behavior. The response began with a "No worries" statement and ended with the P.S., "Mel Gibson, hah!"

The net of all of this is that I've resumed shooting the remainder of my Impossible Project film stock to "cash-in" on my credits. I've compensated for the horrible "blemish" on the film by shooting two shots of every image and "grafting" them together to eliminate the mark via the magic of Photoshop. Here's an image from a pair of shots I took today.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Looks cool! Although, that's a lot of work to have to do 2 shots of everything and then photoshop them together.