Thursday, August 4, 2011

addendum to the best doughnut


After reading my latest blog entry, a co-worker Googled "apple donut in Vermont" and actually located the apple orchard/bakery detailed in the post below. It not only still exists, but appears to have thrived and expanded. It is the Cold Hollow Apple Cider Mill located in Stowe, Vermont.

They offer their donuts (their spelling, not mine) in dozen batches and can be shipped anywhere. Circumstances preclude me from immediately ordering my first couple of dozen donuts, but you can be assured, I will faithfully report upon the experience once it has transpired. (Or, are some things best left to memory, like the first girl you had a crush on?)

Check out their website at: http://www.coldhollow.com.

Sadly, I can see my memory had embellished the Rube Goldberg donut machine. It appears thusly,


3 comments:

Vicky Vengeance said...

So. Awesome. I remember this and the whole Vermont trip really, really vividly still.

Stace said...

Oh that looks like a few places in upstate NY where they sell their cider to go with it. So divine! Makes me want a Dunkin Donut, too. I actually had this dream to open the first Dunkin Donuts in Utah, but when I researched it, it was way out of my league (they require liquid assets of $250K and a net worth of $500K). Let me know if you are interested...

sgseko said...

Stacie, so that means if we go into together as business partners it's ONLY $125K in liquid assets and a net worth of $250K. HMMMM . . .