Sunday, August 23, 2009

maine

I've just returned from our Maine adventure. I can tell you that it is possible to eat lobster every day and that no, I did not tire of it. It IS a very expensive proposition however, and even the most modest of lobster shacks did exert a toll on my pocketbook. The trip really turned out to be more of a foodies guide to Maine taking precedence over the sights. I'll post a review of some of the more memorable meals there shortly along with some photos.

We experienced the best dinner on our final night in Portland at the Fore Street restaurant. It was located in a lovely, very old but expansive brick building one block up from the wharf on, you guessed it, Fore Street. The menu cannot be viewed on line since it is determined by the day's purchase of the finest fresh ingredients. Sadly, I did not take photos of the meals as others were obviously doing as their flashes went off nearby.

To be continued.

No comments: