Saturday, October 31, 2009

new year's resolution

I'm a procrastinator. I hate myself for it. Typically, if I can avoid working on something tomorrow, why work on it today? It's as if the wicked me is sabotaging the innocent, unsuspecting me to reign undue pressure and stress upon myself at the midnight hour. The sad thing though is that I'm not even a good procrastinator. While I forestall the inevitability of my tasks, I fret about them. Like the drip, drip, drip of Chinese water torture or the incessant ticking of a clock, my psyche is slowly and steadily building to a fever pitch of a silent scream. (I'm old enough to remember when people would put their watches to their ears to confirm they were still working, at least the ones without second hands. In today's electronic age you hear nothing. But I digress . . .)

As we are approaching the conclusion of yet another year, my resolution will be to work on my procrastination tendencies and to subsequently reduce the stress that I can only blame upon myself. I am too often my own worst enemy. Why contribute to the dark and evil forces that are already at play conspiring against me?

So there you have it.

My new year's resolution: to stop procrastinating. Oh, and as always, to lose weight too. And oh yeah, to teach myself how to play the harmonica. The cool kind of harmonica, not the dorky kind.

No comments: